There are so many professions in this world. The best among them is the profession of a teacher. The world knows the importance of the teacher, that is why it is called as the noble profession. All great personalities of this world have focussed on the importance of a teacher. Teachers are an extremely important asset of any society for a number of reasons and their role in society is both significant and valuable.
Teachers are the people who educate the youth of society who in turn become the leaders of the next generation of people. Teachers are the people who are teaching children and imparting knowledge upon them in their most impressionable years. What children learn from their teachers at a young age will most likely stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Teachers play an extraordinary role in the lives of children for their development and the importance of teachers is something that cannot be understated. They involve themselves in molding their students into responsible citizens of their country.
Within a school, if teachers are well educated and if they are intellectually alive and take a keen interest in their job, then only success is ensured.
A society who ignore the role and importance of a teacher shall never succeed. That is why the reasonable and civilized nations kept teachers on the top of their list. A teacher is like a hard-working farmer who cultivates even a barren land and grows a number of crops in it.
A teacher is the only person who had got the power to mould a society in a specific direction, this future makes a teacher the best of all. We can not count the number of benefits that a society gets from a teacher.
Studies reveal that a hard-working teacher often admired by students and members of the general society. Aside from the academics, students also try to learn from their teacher’s mannerisms, modes of dressing, etiquette, classes of conservation and lot more. Besides teaching students geometry and arithmetic, virtues such as punctuality, truth, hard work, honesty, simplicity, hygiene, patriotism, love and sincerity, obedience, tolerance, etc; must also be propagated, because society needs these values to develop.
At last but not least, I should say that a good teacher is really an asset for a society and as long as our schools continue to lack quality teachers, it would be difficult for them to extend much support to the society.
My dear brothers and sisters, I am so proud of the work you do with your students at school level I would like to add up some more valuable suggestions that will definitely add colors to your profession.
- To guide, encourage, motivate, inspire, help and facilitate the students in their pursuits of studies and activities.
- To teach with love patience and understanding.
- Constantly assess the progress of all students and use this data to inform your instructions.
- To enrich and refresh their knowledge by regular reading of extra reference books, newspapers, magazines and other relevant materials.
- Expect respectful behavior from all students and understand students grow along a continuum give second chances.
- To give special and personal attention to slow learners, physically handicapped, mentally retarded and naught students and suggest remedial methods seeking co-operation from their parents for better performance and conduct.
- Celebrate with students but within limits.
- Reach out to parents and colleagues as partners.